Photo Gallery Click on an image below to view a larger photo.
In the beginning, the first Fire Apparatus owned by the Canutillo Volunteer Fire Department was a 1948 Mack, retired from the El Paso Fire Department. The original truck is still owned by the Fire Department, but is being used now for parts in the restoration of an identical 48 Mack also retired from the El Paso Fire Department. These trucks were part of a series of apparatus ordered by the El Paso Fire Department in 1947. All of the trucks in this series were identical.
Captains Roger Esparza and Martin Lerma headed up the project, in fact most of the work has been done by them.
Chief Clayton installed the new wiring harness, hand made in Michigan.
The Beautiful gold striping was done by FireFighter Manny Bellido.